Inform 6 - Amiga Installation Instructions
(Archive Updated with Inform 6.30 and Library 6/11)
This installation includes:
There are several steps to install Inform 6 via this process.
- Frotz V2.40 Interpreter by Stefan Jokisch.
- Complies with Standard 1.0 by Graham Nelson.
- Ported to Amiga by David Kinder.
- The Inform Compiler (Version 6.30 by Graham Nelson)
- Ported to Amiga by Richard H. Poser II.
- Optimized Versions for 68000 or 68030.
- Beta MUI Version (Command Line Unchanged)
- Inform libraries (Version 6/11) by Graham Nelson.
- Inform Designer's Manual by Graham Nelson.
- Amigaguide Version converted by Adam Dawes
- HTML Version
- Example games
- ADVENT.INF, BALANCES.INF, and MUSEUM.INF
- Tutorial games
- HOUSE01.INF through HOUSE07.INF
Amiga Installation Instructions written and Archive created by
- Make a directory for the installation of the files.
- Download LhA to a temporary directory.
- Execute 'LhA_e138.run' and copy LhA to any directory in path, such as the 'c:' directory.
- Remove temporary directory if desired.
NOTE: If you already have a copy of the LhA utility, you can ignore step two through four.
- Download the Amiga package from this site to the new directory.
NOTE: The file is 1.3Mb, which will take around 7 minutes to download using a 28.8 Modem.
- In your new directory, and using LhA, unarchive the 'IFNW_Amiga.lha' file. (LhA -e IFNW_Amiga.lha)
- Verify that the installation was successful by checking all of the files in your new directory and all
subdirectories. Read the 'IFNW_Amiga.readme' and the documentation in each of the other subdirectories
for more information.
- Remove the 'IFNW_Amiga.lha' file if desired.
Richard H. Poser II <email@example.com>
Author/Maintainer of the Amiga Inform Page